Thursday Treat: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Who doesn’t like hummus? No one! I decided to try my hand at a homemade hummus! This is super delicious and fresh but so easy that anyone can do it. You can definitely tell that it is not store bought. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of roasted red pepper
- Fresh juice from 1⁄2 of a lemon
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached.*
- Add a splash of olive oil to the top once transferred to your serving bowl and enjoy with your favorite snack to dip. I love carrots, broccoli and tortilla chips with my hummus.
*I’ve found that sometimes it takes a bit more olive oil or a splash of water to get an extremely creamy consistency.
With this version, I actually bumped up the cayenne pepper which gives it a bit more “kick” at the end. Feel free to add extra and let me know what you think!
Stay tuned next Thursday for even more yummy foods from Jenna’s Kitchen!