Thursday Treat – Tomato Mozzarella Bruschetta
So this weekend, I had a few friends over for a small gathering and decided to make one of my favorite go-to appetizer recipes. I have literally made this just to store in my fridge and eat with everything (it’s SO tasty!).
My mother was the one who got me hooked on this. She made it once and that was all it took.
This recipe is light and refreshing yet satisfying.
I hope you all enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint (1 container) of red grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pint (1 container) of yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces to match the size of the halved tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 whole, fresh, basil leaves (chiffonade)
- Salt and pepper to taste (be careful!)
- 1 whole french baguette
- In a small skillet, sauté your olive oil and garlic. It should be golden… not too brown.
- Let the garlic cool in the mixing bowl… This is usually when i chiffonade my basil leaves.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl, leaving out the salt and pepper.
- Taste and decide if salt and pepper is needed. Add if necessary and combine well again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Turn your broiler on and “bake” slices of the french baguette until golden brown. I usually add some EVOO to each piece of bread.
- Scoop some of the tomato mixture onto a slice of baguette and enjoy!
What’s really great about this recipe is that you don’t just have to eat it on slices of toasted bread. You can top grilled chicken with this, mix it into some pasta, add it to garlicky zuchini noodles… really anything!
Let me know how yours came out!