Thursday Treat: Pumpkin Spice Muffin Bites
Hiya everyone! So I am a very traditional baker. Especially when it comes to anything pumpkin…however, i decided to step out of the box and do something funky for me. Hence… baking something vegan! It was actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would and a lot easier. I think the total prep time was less than 20 minutes and the clean up was quick as well.
The trick here is the almond milk- it basically replaces eggs/butter/milk. The pumpkin helps to keep everything moist as well.
A special thanks to Sarah R. for being my taste taster!!!!!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- Just under 1 cup of sugar (i eyeball this!)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup of pure pumpkin puree*
- 3⁄4 cup of almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup of canola oil
- Streusel Topping
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup of flour
- 3-4 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and stir together
- Add the wet ingredients and gently combine. Do not overstir.
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a separate bowl and crush together using a fork. The topping should be crumbly. You made need to add an extra sprinkle or two of flour.
- Scoop the wet mix into greased (vegan butter or canola oil spray) mini muffin tins. Top with the streusel topping.
- Cook 15-18 minutes or until cooked through (using a toothpick, make sure nothing comes out of the muffin when you “stick” it).
I think that I have totally fallen in love with this recipe. I am pumpkin crazy during the fall and this is just SO good. They are even better second day. Let me know if you make it and how it comes out. I hope you enjoy.
* Be sure it’s pure pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie in a can.