Thursday Treat: Beef Stir Fry
I am absolutely in love with stir fries. They are a perfect combo of protein and veggies with a delectable sauce. I typically add in a few more veggies than I did in this recipe. I just used what I had on hand at the time. Recipes like this are perfect because they come together quick and they are satisfying.
Let me know what your favorite stir fry veggies are! I hope you enjoy…
- 1⁄2 of stir fry meat (I used beef but typically use chicken- the grocery store should sell prepackaged stir fry “strips”)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce (I use low sodium, MSG free*)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups of water
- 1-1 1⁄2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of fresh broccoli
- 4 teaspoons of corn starch
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cooked rice (white or brown- your pick!)
- Marinate the beef in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 tblspn of soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Let it stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the florets from the broccoli. You want to make bite-sized pieces
- Combine the remaining cornstarch, soy sauce and water- mix together well.
- Heat oil in saute pan and sear the meat.
- Remove meat from pan and then add broccoli and saute for about 4 minutes (until tender crisp).
- Stir in meat and add cornstarch mix to coat.
- Bring to a boil and then cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice!
It’s so good! Let me know if you try it!
*Fun fact: I’m allergic to MSG!