Thursday Treat – Double Chocolate Chip Paleo Cookies
This Thursday I have a very special treat that I made (by request) that turned out to be so delicious I will definitely be making it again soon. I’m going to be traveling for Thanksgiving and so I had to stock up on some recipes. I invited my brother, Ryan, and his two roommates, Mike and Doug, to join me for dinner and dessert. Essentially I made them be my taste testers. Mike is a baker and was very intrigued by these no flour cookie… But I got the stamp of approval!
It was a nice relaxing night filled with chicken pot pie (recipe to come) and these delicious chocolate cookies. I received the recipe from Alix Leabman – check her out here. She was one of our Spinestas of the Month!
- 1 cup of smooth almond butter (you want a pretty thick version- I used Whole Foods version)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4-1/2 cup of dairy, soy and gluten free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life makes it and it can be found at Whole Foods)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Pro-tip: use your hands to mix. It’s very thick and would just be easier to evenly combine using your hands
- Place 1 inch balls of the dough on a nonstick baking sheet. Slightly press down with a fork to give them a more cookie shape
- Bake for ten minutes
- Let cool for another 5 (this is key or your cookies will crumble- I learned from experience)
- Then enjoy! They are so delicious and are pretty guilt free if you ask me!
Let me know if you try to make them!
Original recipe from PaleOMG.